Capacitor Charging, High Voltage, Power Supplies
Series HCK from 2kV to 65kV / 100W to 20kW
The capacitor charging high voltage DC power supplies are designed specifically to the requirements of capacitor charging or capacitor conditioning, i.e. they have a more heavily designed output resistor to withstand a pulsed load and a regulating circuit, optimized for fast switching over between current and voltage regulation and vice versa.
In principle, the rectified line voltage drives a square wave generator of fixed frequency, whose AC voltage is transformed, rectified and filtered, producing the output voltage. For regulation, the square wave voltage is pulse width modulated.
- Efficiency approx. 90%
- in units of 20kV and higher, the HV-components are moulded in (removable) silicon resin; from 35kV / 5000J/s on, the HV-components are isolated in oil
- continuous charging or triggered charging via potential free external trigger input selectable (opto-coupler input for 12-24V)
- charging with adjustable constant current without overshoot
- no external protection resistor is required
- permanent short-circuit proof
- 4½ digit DVM for charging current and output voltage (for table-top models)
- suitable for capacitive loads with resistive elements
- the nominal current can be permanently supplied at maximum output voltage